Are you getting a “Sorry, you have been blocked” error on Discord?
Here’s the second part of the error, “You are unable to access discord.com”.
Followed by the Ray ID like, “[Ray ID:80e356efdcc1c4f1]”.
The error message typically happens because Discord is down/having an outage.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix “Sorry, you have been blocked” on Discord (you are unable to access discord.com).
Why am I blocked from using Discord?
You’re blocked from using Discord because the system detected suspicious activity in your account.
Otherwise, Discord is down/having an outage and you need to wait for the servers to be back up.
You can also be blocked because you’re using a VPN or a proxy server.
In other cases, a VPN, proxy server, firewall, or antivirus might prevent you from accessing Discord.
How to fix “Sorry, you have been blocked” on Discord
To fix “Sorry, you have been blocked” on Discord, you can try connecting to a free VPN or use the browser/app version of Discord.
If you’re already connecting to a VPN or proxy server, try disconnecting from it before accessing Discord.
You can also try removing your Chrome extensions or contacting Discord support for help.
If Discord is down, you need to wait for a few minutes or hours for the servers to be back up.
Fix 1: Use the browser/app version of Discord
- If the Discord desktop app is not working, use the browser version of Discord instead: https://discord.com/app.
- If the browser version of Discord is not working, use the iOS or Android version of Discord instead.
- If the Discord iOS/Android app is not working, try downloading and using Discord from the Microsoft Store: https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/discord/XPDC2RH70K22MN.
Fix 2: Connect to a free VPN
- Use a free VPN like ProtonVPN and create an account.
- Connect to a free VPN and try accessing Discord again.
Note: If you’re already connected to a VPN or proxy server, try disconnecting from it to access Discord.
Fix 3: Remove unwanted Chrome extensions
- On Chrome, click on the puzzle icon.
- Select “Manage extensions”.
- Remove or disable any unwanted, suspicious, and VPN/Proxy extensions.
Fix 4: Other troubleshooting methods
- Flush your DNS: Type “cmd” using Windows Search > run as administrator > type “ipconfig /flush dns” > press Enter.
- Open an incognito browser and access Discord.
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies (here’s how to do it on Chrome).
- Temporarily disable your Firewall or Antivirus program.
Fix 5: Contact Discord support
- Visit https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
- Select “Help & Support”.
- Enter your email address and select the type of question.
- Enter the subject and description.
- Submit the request and wait for Discord’s response.