Are you getting a “We suspended your account” error on Instagram?
Here’s the second part of the error, “There are 30 days remaining to disagree with the decision”.
If Instagram can’t confirm your account, it will be permanently deleted.
In the meantime, your account won’t be visible to people and you can’t use it.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix “We suspended your account” on Instagram and how to disagree with the decision.
Why did my Instagram account get suspended?
Your Instagram account got suspended because you violated one or more of the community guidelines.
In some cases, your account might be suspended because of a mistake or Instagram might be down.
In October, thousands of Instagram users were suspended because of server-side issues.
Instagram had a global outage and people were suspended for no reason.
Here are some of the reports, “Did anyone else’s Instagram just get suspended for no reason? And now Instagram won’t even bother to let you appeal. It just gives you an error?”.
“So did @instagram delete anyone else’s profile this morning ? What is happening?”.
“Immediately rushing to Twitter to see if anyone else got suspended on Instagram #instagramdown”.
How to fix “We suspended your account” on Instagram
To fix “We suspended your account” on Instagram, you need to disagree with the decision or submit the “My Instagram account was deactivated” form.
If you’ve submitted the appeal form, you need to wait for a few days for Instagram’s response.
They might ask you to send a selfie of yourself holding a code to verify your identity.
In rare cases, your account might be suspended by mistake or Instagram is experiencing a server issue.
If Instagram is down, you need to wait for 24 to 48 hours and your account will be unsuspended.
Fix 1: Disagree with the decision
- On the “We suspended your account” page, tap on “Disagree with the decision”.
- Select “I’m not a robot”, complete the CAPTCHA, and tap on “Next”.
- Enter your phone number/email address and tap on “Send Confirmation”.
- Enter the code that you’ve received via SMS or email.
- Your Instagram account has been successfully unsuspended!
Fix 2: Submit the “My Instagram account was deactivated” form
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/help/instagram/contact/606967319425038.
- Enter your full name, email, Instagram username, and phone number.
- Describe that you’ve been suspended by mistake and submit the form.
- Wait for Instagram’s response via email.
- Send a selfie of yourself holding a code.
- Wait for Instagram’s response via email again.
- If successful, you’ll receive an email saying that your account has been unsuspended.
Fix 3: If Instagram is down, wait for 24 to 48 hours
- If your account was suspended without any reason, you need to check if Instagram is down.
- To check if Instagram is down, you can go to https://downdetector.com/status/instagram/ or search for “Instagram down” on Twitter.
- As of October, tens of thousands of Instagram users reported that their accounts were suspended for no reason.
- If there’s a spike in the number of reports on downdetector.com, it means that the app is down and you need to wait until Instagram fixes it on their end.
- It usually takes 24 to 48 hours for server-side and in-app issues to be fixed.